STOP PRESS: Charity Drive which took place on Friday 23rd July at 5.30pm, theme was Heroes and Villains in aid of Pilgrims Hospice raised a staggering £700
New members are our future and we welcome experienced bowlers and novices alike, we welcome all ages. To ensure those new to bowling don't sit on the sidelines we run a full tuition programme from our two qualified coaches, and it's free to people who go on to join the club.
Any bowlers that have joined the club from 2019 onwards are invited to a new bowlers evening on Thursday 19th August at 5.30pm, the entrance fee is £8 per head but will include a fish and chip supper.
UPDATE: MAY 2021
Dear all, following the Government announcements on Monday and updated Bowls England advice I am delighted to inform you that we can now start to move back to pre covid ways.
As of the 17th May 2021, we are allowed to have the green open fully for all bowls formats (singles/pairs/triples/rinks) and also have up to 30 spectators for all matches and competition days. The maximum is 30 people on the green for roll ups.
Taking that into account, the Management Committee have decided that with effect from Monday 17 May the following changes can take place:
- The booking system via Maggie will cease immediately and we will return to the normal rules for booking rinks. This means that anyone who wants to book a rink for a competition match (National/County/Internal) can do so via the rink book in the clubhouse and they will get priority over roll ups.
- People who want to have a roll up can turn up on the day and fill any vacant rinks. However, if you play you MUST, WITHOUT FAIL, put your name in the rink book so that there is a record of everybody that plays. Roll Ups CANNOT now be pre booked but are usually available when there is nothing else on at the club (matches/men’s & ladies afternoons/Monday morning maintenance etc).
- All bookings that have already been made via Maggie will be honoured and put into the rink book.
- Any spectators should sign in on the sheets outside of the changing rooms (as last year).
- All equipment will be returned to the equipment shed at the far end of the green and gear should be obtained and returned to the shed. Equipment MUST still be sanitized before and after each match/roll up and the current boxes will be used as sanitizing stations which can be located in between rinks.
About the Bowls Club
All this time we have played in our idyllic setting, overlooked by Whitstable Castle and its glorious grounds, which merge seamlessly into the carefully tended gardens that surround our green. Established in 1936, the club has now been here for 84 years. We are literally a stones throw from our wonderful seaside location.
We are delighted to welcome our guests and visitors into our well appointed clubhouse.
The town of Whitstable is renowned for good food and at our club we are proud to have built a reputation among visiting clubs for the quality of the refreshments we provide and the warmth of our hospitality. Whitstable has much to offer the tourist so many visiting clubs arrive early in the day to visit our town to sample our local delights before their game.
From late April to the end of September we have a very full bowling programme of matches against other clubs and internal competitions. Every Monday afternoon the men's section has an informal bowling session and the ladies do the same on Fridays. On the social side we run activities throughout the winter and every spring there's a bowling holiday to somewhere warm before the new season starts.