Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Social Events 2021/Breaks

STOP PRESS.

Quiz Night on Friday 3rd December 2021, £3 entrance fee, bring your own food, bar open, 7pm Quiz starts, list is up at the club outdoors noticeboard if you wish to put your name down, still availability, hosted by our very own Quiz Master, Mike Amura.

Social Night on Saturday 11th December, dance the night away to Sugar and Spice, great evening, starts at 7pm, £4 entrance fee, bring your own food, bar will be open to give you dutch courage to show those moves!!!! If you wish to attend, again please pop to the club and put your names down.

We have Night Owls each Monday evening from 7pm onwards, cards, various board games or just enjoy a drink with friends and a natter. 

Friday nights is Darts night, no experience needed, darts provided if you don't have any, just fun and of course the bar will be open. Again this starts at 7pm.

On Sundays, from 12pm to 2ish we all bring a few nibbles and share them between the tables, the men generally sit together discussing important things like football and the ladies are putting the world to rights. The bar will be open.

All the above events you just turn up.

SOCIAL EVENTS FOR WINTER 2021 - These events nearer the time will have a list up on the outdoor noticeboard as well as inside in order for you to put your names down if you wish to attend the event.

Sat 9 th October - QUIZ NIGHT hosted by our very own quiz master Mike Amura.

Sat 13th November – RACE NIGHT - watch these wooden horses trot their stuff.

Sat 11th December – SUGAR & SPICE - singing and dancing the night away.

31st December - New Years Eve Party - need I say more.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ABOVE SOCIAL EVENTS WILL BE ADVERTISED NEARER THE TIME AND YOU WILL HAVE TO PUT YOUR NAME DOWN AT THE CLUB HOUSE NOTICE BOARD IF YOU WISH TO ATTEND.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The usual activities will take place during the week during the winter season, if you wish to attend any of the below events, just turn up.

MONDAY EVENINGS from 7.00 pm – NIGHT OWLS - playing cards, etc

FRIDAY EVENINGS from 7.00 pm - DARTS NIGHT - no experience required

SUNDAY LUNCH from 12.00 pm – DRINKS & NIBBLES - putting the world to right

WHIST DRIVES from 2.00 pm- 2nd & 4th Thursday

Further details of all events will be announced nearer the time.

Please see any member of the Social Committee for more details

or if you have any suggestions for future events

Brian Reynolds 07901853439

WINTER BREAK TO CRICKET ST. THOMAS

Warner's Hotels have now rescinded their time limitations on booking for this holiday so I can now say that there are double and twin rooms still available.

As previously advised, this holiday is by coach and for the period Monday 17th to Friday 21st of January 2022. The accommodation is in the Cricket St. Thomas Leisure Hotel on half board, breakfast and dinner with drinks inclusive from 18.00 to 24.00 hours.

Whilst there we will have two coach trips out to places of interest or you can participate in the many activities on site. There is also evening entertainment each evening and dancing should be back on the menu again.

If you wish to join the party, the cost is £349 per person, a deposit of £50 per person is required by cheque drawn to me, Norman Tilley and sent to 68 Tankerton Road, CT5 2AF, stating room requirement (twin or double), sorry there are no singles available. Please also say if a diet menu is required.

If you require additional information, please telephone me on 01227 657270.

POTTERS MARCH 2022

We have managed to make a booking to (hopefully) go to Potters next year.

The date they have given us is Monday 7th March to Friday 11th March 2022. I am currently waiting prices for the accommodation as this will be going up from previous years as Potters have now gone “all inclusive”. This was decided as not only is it beneficial to their customers (there will always be some who say they do not drink enough, etc.) but it also stops the constant exchange of money between customers and staff. It is a new venture for Potters to take on, so by the time we are able to pay them a visit next year, everyone will be old hands at what to do.

If you are interested, please let me know, but I will be putting a sheet on the notice board in the Club but appreciate that not everyone will see this. It will also go onto the Oyster Indoor Bowling notice board.